Root Cause Investigation and Analysis
1-day course | Virtual & In-company Delivery
- Learn how to conduct effective Root Cause investigation and analysis
- Gain an understanding of the UK CAA CAP 1760
- Explore suitable containment, corrective and preventive actions
An interactive virtual workshop, designed for those who need to manage, undertake or understand how to conduct effective Root Cause investigation and analysis. The course will provide an overview of the regulatory framework and frequently used root cause analysis techniques. Common principles for effective root cause analysis will be highlighted and applied to real world scenarios. The delegates will practice the identification of root cause(s) including the evaluation of containment, corrective and preventive actions. The course will use case studies from occurrences and audit findings. The content of the course is closely aligned with the UK CAA CAP 1760 ‘Effective Problem Solving and Root Cause Identification’ guidance material.
The workshop will be beneficial to Managers, Nominated Postholders, Quality, Safety, & Compliance Monitoring Managers, auditors/inspectors, and those who need to have the necessary competence to conduct effective root cause identification and appropriate containment, corrective and preventive actions.
The course is suitable for participants from all areas of the aviation industry and Civil Aviation Authorities.
This training course will include the following topics:
- Regulatory requirements for root cause analysis.
- Root cause methodologies
- CAP1760 and its application
- Understanding and defining the problem
- Application of root cause analysis
- Taking suitable containment, corrective and preventive actions
- Roles and responsibilities
By the end of this course it is expected that delegates will be able to:
- Recognise how effective root cause analysis can be used to improve the organisation’s management system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of CAP1760 and its implications
- Select suitable containment, corrective and preventative actions
- Recognise the different roles and responsibilities in carrying out root cause analysis and addressing non-compliance
- Ensure that the process is adequately structured and documented
This course can be delivered virtually or face-to-face in classroom at our London Gatwick or Bahrain training centres.
- Web = Virtual online delivery using WebEx video conferencing. We have applied a 5% discount to all our virtual course deliveries. Unless stated otherwise, our virtual courses are streamed live, starting at 09:00 am (UK time).
Review of course
Root Cause Investigation and Analysis Instructors -virtual
Leading on Aviation Safety
Safety Management Systems – Introduction
Safety Management Systems – Principles and Applications
Safety Management (Advanced) – Evaluating Effectiveness
Safety Management Systems – Small Organisations
Just Culture for the Team
Just Culture for Responsible Managers
Simon has 40 years aviation experience working with airlines and aviation maintenance organisations. He has been working over 21 years for the UK CAA and during last 9 years he was responsible for the Safety Management System (SMS) policy and strategy across the UK CAA. He has led international projects for SMS and State Safety Programs (SSP) working with ICAO, EASA and other regulators. Simon is also a maintenance Human Factors specialist and co-chairs the EASA Human Factors Collaborative Analysis Group (CAG). Using his extensive experience, Simon has been instructing SMS and SSP training worldwide.