5-day course | London Gatwick, Bahrain, Malaysia & In-company
- Learn how to conduct an onsite audit
- Understand objective reporting of audit findings
- Know how to prepare for audits
What is Auditing?
Auditing is a powerful evidence based approach used to compare actual practice and process outputs with planned arrangements. It involves sample inspection and may be applied in relation to any management system, such as Safety, Quality, Environmental etc. It is widely used by regulatory organisations to obtain independent and unbiased confirmation of conformity of an organisation with regulatory required objectives.
This Audit Techniques course provides delegates with the knowledge and competencies needed to enable them to manage, plan, conduct and report a wide range of aviation audits in support of regulatory compliance and continued organisation improvement.
Examples of UK Civil Aviation Authority (UK CAA) approval and audit practice are integrated into this course. Case studies and practical guidance are given on the management, planning, conduct and reporting of both regulatory and industry internal audits.
Audit process management, including the roles and responsibilities of team leaders and auditors, detailed audit planning, objective recording and reporting of audit findings are also covered.
This course is highly interactive with all delegates having the opportunity to practise and develop audit interview and questioning techniques. Achieved through a series of role-play situations culminating in the substantial “audit” of a fictitious organisation. Syndicate exercises and role-play activities are conducted using a team auditing approach, designed to develop leadership skills.
Our Bahrain courses are delivered in cooperation with the Gulf Aviation Academy. Please visit the GAA website for upcoming dates.
This course is suitable for you if your role involves planning, conducting, management and oversight of internal audits, or those of suppliers and contractors.
This training course will include the following topics:
- Examples of UK CAA approval and audit practice
- Case studies
- Audit process management
- Roles and responsibilities of team leaders and auditors
- Detailed audit planning
- Objective recording and reporting of audit findings
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to demonstrate understanding of:
- Principles of management systems in support of Regulatory Compliance and the achievement of safety
- Developing a system of effective audit process management in support of regulatory oversight or internal auditing
- Responsibilities associated with auditing
- Planning of an on-site audit
- Planning of ongoing regulatory oversight audits, developing audit checklists and audit planning data for on-site audit activities
- Audit techniques necessary for obtaining evidence of compliance Regulation Compliance & Monitoring 53
- Objective reporting of audit findings
- Auditing to ensure that effective processes are in place
- Corrective action, verification and audit closeout processes
- Audit team leadership skills
Delegates are provided with a pre-course assignment to review prior to the course to enable discussion of their findings.
Review of course
Audit Techniques Instructors
Nigel has been designing and presenting Auditor training courses and Root Cause Analysis and problem-solving techniques in the UK and internationally for over 30 years. His extensive experience also includes the International Register of Certificated Auditors Certificated (IRCA) Lead Auditor training courses. Prior to becoming a management systems and training professional, Nigel held senior management positions in Design and Manufacturing Approved organisations, where he developed, managed and implemented internal audit processes in support of regulatory compliance. Following his move into consultancy, he provided direct auditing services to many aviation organisations, including Maintenance organisations, Aerodromes and Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP), together with the provision of practical support to facilitate regulatory compliance. Additionally, he has been involved with EU Support to States leading, supporting and training audit teams involved in formal ANSP Certification activities.