What is Human Factors?
Human Factors aims to understand people’s limitations and capabilities and how they influence a person’s actions and behaviours. This knowledge needs to be applied to the aviation environment, which is dynamic and constantly changing. Understanding how people actually perform under operational circumstances enables the development of systems and procedures that support people to contribute to aviation safety.
This course provides delegates with an overview of Human Factors and how to manage them. It will explore the basic principles and, in line with ICAO Human performance principles, and delegates will learn how the limitations affect human performance in an operational environment. It will translate this knowledge into practical applications that can be used within the delegate’s professional environments to support optimum human performance.
By the end of this course delegates will demonstrate an understanding of the following through presentation and interactive discussion:
- Understand Human Factors limitations and how they affect human performance a day to day environment
- Develop and explore approaches to the understanding of Human Factors within their organisation
- Putting into practice the practical assessment and management of Human Performance
This training course will include the following topics:
- Overview of Human Factor principles
- ICAO Human Performance Principles
- Everyday factors affecting human performance
- Understanding of the influence of organisational issues
- Investigation of Human Factor incidents
- How to develop robust Human Factor incident closure actions
- Practical application of Human Factors principles and models
How to apply?
You can view, book and pay for our open access courses via our online booking system.
Alternatively, please contact our Training Team for more information.
T. +44 (0)330 0224401
Useful Regulatory Information
UK CAA’s Strategy and Action Plan for Human Factors in Civil Aviation
This strategy sets out how we propose to contribute to the development of greater understanding and application of Human Factors (HF) knowledge to support Human Performance (HP) in the operational environment.
European Strategy for Human Factors in Aviation
The Strategy sets out to achieve two principal functions. First, to foster consistency in the integration of human factors principles in the regulation, governance, system design, training, licensing, audit and assurance of aviation activities. Second, it outlines how the practical understanding and application of human factors can serve in enhancing safety performance across the aviation safety system.
- Duration: 3-day course
- Locations: London Gatwick
- Price: £900.00 (VAT exclusive price)
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for aviation professionals who require an overview of Human Factors and associated requirements.
People also viewed
Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance
Provides delegates with an overview of Human Factors principles specific to aviation maintenance. It is designed to explore the practical application of the EASA Human Factors regulatory requirements
Safety Management Systems – Principles & Applications
Provides an introduction to SMS, based on ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices. Delegates will gain the skills required to develop, implement, manage and assess a basic SMS