Flight Operations Inspector Theory
10-day course | Classroom & In-company training, or
5-day course | Virtual training
- Classroom courses in London Gatwick
- Designed and delivered by Senior UK CAA inspectors
- Master the practical Flight Operations inspector skills
- Acquired the core skillset required to perform a flight operations inspecting role
|Start Date||End Date||Venue||Price (Excl. VAT)||Availability||Book|
|26/02/2024||08/03/2024||London Gatwick||£5,300.00||Fully booked||Book|
|17/06/2024||21/06/2024||Online||£2,150.00||More than 5 places||Book|
|07/10/2024||18/10/2024||London Gatwick||£5,300.00||More than 5 places||Book|
|24/02/2025||07/03/2025||London Gatwick||£5,300.00||More than 5 places||Book|
What is a Flight Operations Inspector?
A flight operations inspector plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety, compliance, and efficiency of flight operations within the aviation industry. As an integral part of a regulatory authority, their primary responsibility is to conduct inspections and assessments of airlines, aircraft operators, and flight crews. They evaluate various aspects of flight operations, including pilot qualifications, operational procedures, aircraft maintenance, safety management systems, and regulatory compliance. Flight operations inspectors verify that organisations adhere to established standards, procedures, and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operations. They may also provide guidance, training, and recommendations to improve operational safety and performance. Their expertise and oversight contribute to maintaining high standards of safety and compliance within the aviation industry.
This course focuses on the processes for ensuring and assessing compliance with UK and European Community rules on Commercial Air Transport (CAT) operations. Designed and developed by practising Senior Flight Operations Inspectors, it is aimed at people working within both a regulatory and operational environment. This course forms a core part of the standard induction program for newly recruited UK CAA Flight Operations Inspecting Staff. The course will equip you with the core knowledge and competencies to work towards and assess compliance with the applicable regulations.
Virtual Delivery Available
We also offer a condensed 5-day version of this course online. Our virtual course contains most of the regulatory material contained within the 10-day classroom equivalent. However, the classroom practical workshops have been replaced by ongoing focussed discussion to optimally facilitate the online/virtual experience and to empower a five day syllabus.
The course is delivered by experienced and current UK CAA Inspectors and communicates examples of recent, relevant, and topical industry / NAA exemplars which highlight and demonstrate best practice within the field of regulatory oversight, auditing and inspecting. The virtual course remains appropriate for ab-initio NAA Inspector training (and the industry equivalent) and is also recommended for Inspector refresher/recurrent training.
This course is suitable for Inspecting staff within flight and ground operations, both in regulatory and industry positions.
The course may also be beneficial to AOC Nominated Persons, Safety Managers and Compliance Auditors within the aviation regulatory environment.
This training course will include the following topics:
- ICAO Legislation Overview
- Part OPS – Structure and Content
- The Aircrew Regulation – An overview of the structure and content, and its relationship with Part OPS (Overview of Safety Management Systems)
- Human Factors for Inspectors
- Flight Data Monitoring
- Maintenance Management and EASA Part CAMO
- Electronic Flight Bags
- Aircraft Leasing – requirements for NAAs and operators
- Aircraft Loading – mass and balance considerations
- Part FTL and Fatigue Risk Management
- Practical Auditing
- MMEL & MEL Theory & Practical Workshop
- AOC certification process and personnel requirements
- Oversight of AOC holders including practical exercises
- Non-Compliant Operators
By the end of the course, through a combination of structured lectures, multimedia presentations, case study discussions, workshops and syndicate group activities, delegates will have acquired the core skill sets required to perform a flight operations inspecting role in the regulatory environment (being UK- or internationally-based).
Delegates should ideally be experienced holders of professional pilot licences, operations personnel currently working in the aviation regulatory environment or management staff within an AOC organisation.
Meet your Instructors
Safety Management Systems – Introduction
Safety Management Systems – Principles and Applications
Safety Management Systems – Small Organisations
Flight Time Limitations
David has worked in Civil Aviation for 25 years, starting with a large Handling Agent at Manchester airport, followed by over 12 years for two large charter airlines working in Crew Logistics (Flight Time Limitations). David has been with the UK CAA for over 10 years auditing operators holding an Air Operator’s Certificate. David has been involved with Safety Management Systems (SMS) for 9 years. During that time he has overseen the implementation of SMS into the regulation and assessed many operators’ SMS for approval and as part of continued oversight. David has been delivering SMS Basic and Advanced courses for 6 years now both in the UK and overseas.
We offer two different ways to attend this course:
- Face-to-Face Classroom Course: Embrace the traditional learning method by attending our physical training venue. Benefit from direct interaction with our instructors and fellow participants, creating an immersive and hands-on learning experience. To book a classroom course, please check the booking table at the top of this page and select your preferred training venue location.
- Instructor-Led Virtual Course: Enjoy the flexibility of attending this training remotely from your home or office with our live virtual course. Engage in interactive learning from anywhere in the world. We usually use WebEx or Zoom for our virtual courses. To attend this course virtually, look for the ‘online’ venue option in the booking table above.
Please note that course durations may vary slightly between our face-to-face and virtual deliveries. Please refer to the start and end date of your chosen course.
Our goal is to offer flexible, effective and convenient course delivery methods that suit your preferences and learning needs. Please choose the option that works best for you!
If you can’t see a classroom or virtual option, we likely haven’t released the next set of dates. Please get in touch to find out when we’ll announce the new dates, and we’ll be sure to keep you informed once they are available or even add you to our waiting list.
Delegates should be familiar with the general structure of EASA regulations including Part OPS, Part FCL and other relevant regulatory documentation prior to the course.
Other courses you might be interested in
Cabin Safety Inspector Theory
This course provides delegates with an overview of the processes and practices surrounding the regulation of cabin safety. Based on the UK CAA’s training programme used for its Inspecting Officers, Cabin Safety and designed and delivered by highly qualified cabin safety technical specialists with extensive experience in the UK CAA Flight Operations Department.