Flight Time Limitations
2-day course | Virtual, Classroom & In-company
- Classroom courses in London Gatwick
- Explore Flight Time Limitations (FTL) requirements.
- Learn about effects of fatigue on crew
This course provides delegates with an understanding of the intent and application of prescriptive Flight Time Limitations (FTL) requirements. The course can be offered based on either CAP371 or EASA Subpart FTL.
The course can be tailored to either a specific country’s FTL scheme or an operator’s approved scheme (where they are based on either UK or EU legislation).
The course will also develop the delegate’s understanding of ICAO’s fatigue management requirements and the importance of the interaction between the Safety Management Systems (SMS) and the application of the FTL scheme.
The course is designed to be interactive and where possible use examples and scenarios applicable to the delegate’s own types of operation.
This course is suitable for: airline crewing and rostering staff; airline managers; representatives from Flight and Cabin crew; and regulator staff with responsibility for the oversight of FTL schemes.
This training course will include the following topics:
- Fatigue awareness
- Cognitive and physical signs of Fatigue
- FTL Scheme Definitions
- Application of the requirements of the FTL scheme
- The link between SMS and prescriptive FTL requirements, including the Operators Responsibilities
- Fatigue Management Best Practice
By the end of this course delegates will demonstrate an understanding of:
- The effects of fatigue on crew
- The specific FTL scheme requirements
- How to apply the requirements
- The link between the FTL scheme and the Safety Management System requirements
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Correctly interpret the requirements
- Understand the application of the scheme within their operational context
- Identify best practice work solutions
Delegates would benefit from an awareness of prescriptive fatigue management approaches as described in ICAO Doc 9966.
This course can be delivered virtually or face-to-face in classroom at our London Gatwick or Bahrain training centres.
Browse the table below to select your preferred date, delivery method and location (classroom only). If you can not find your preferred form of delivery and date, please contact us.
- Web = Virtual online delivery using WebEx video conferencing. We have applied a 5% discount to all our virtual course deliveries. Unless stated otherwise, our virtual courses are streamed live, starting at 09:00 am (UK time).
- Class = A face-to-face classroom course delivered in the location listed in the “venue” column. In light of COVID-19, please check your eligibility and our COVID-19 measures.
Review of course
Flight Time Limitations Instructor
Safety Management Systems – Introduction
Safety Management Systems – Principles and Applications
Safety Management Systems – Small Organisations
Flight Time Limitations
David has worked in Civil Aviation for 25 years, starting with a large Handling Agent at Manchester airport, followed by over 12 years for two large charter airlines working in Crew Logistics (Flight Time Limitations). David has been with the UK CAA for over 10 years auditing operators holding an Air Operator’s Certificate. David has been involved with Safety Management Systems (SMS) for 9 years. During that time he has overseen the implementation of SMS into the regulation and assessed many operators’ SMS for approval and as part of continued oversight. David has been delivering SMS Basic and Advanced courses for 6 years now both in the UK and overseas.