What is a Security Management System?
“A Security Management System (SeMS) is there to proactively develop and maintain an effective oversight and quality assurance process within your organisation. It is about taking a systemic approach to managing security risks, in ways which serve to instil security in the routine daily activities of an organisation and indeed its very culture.” Peter Drissell, Director of Aviation Security at the UK CAA.
This course provides the fundamentals of how to develop and maintain an effective Security Management System concept developed by the UK CAA.
A Security Management System will allow:
- Security risks to be managed at the right level, overseen by company boards;
- Activities to be measured to provide management information on security performance;
- People within an organisation who are accountable for maintaining rigorous security standards to have access to sufficient and reliable performance data; and
- A culture that promotes high-security standards throughout the company.
A SeMS achieves this by providing an organised, systematic approach to managing security which embeds security management into the day-to-day activities of the organisation and its people.
By the end of this course delegates will demonstrate an understanding of the following through presentation and interactive discussion:
- SeMS and how to apply its principles in the work environment
- The value of an organisation having SeMS in place
- The importance of a positive culture and management commitment
- The need for risk and threat identification
- Effective performance assurance
This training course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to Security Management Systems
- Management Commitment
- Threat and Risk Management
- Accountability and Responsibilities
- Performance Monitoring, Assessment and Reporting
- Incident Response
- Management of Change
- Continuous Improvement
- SeMS Education
- How to implement a Security Management System
How to apply?
You can view, book and pay for our open access courses via our online booking system.
Alternatively, please contact our Training Team for more information.
T. +44 (0)330 0224401
Useful Regulatory Information
Of critical importance to the future of civil aviation and to the international community at large are the measures taken by ICAO to prevent and suppress all acts of unlawful interference against civil aviation throughout the world. SARPs for international aviation security were first adopted by the ICAO Council in March 1974, and designated as Annex 17 to the Chicago Convention.
- Duration: 2-day course
- Locations: London Gatwick
- Price: £820.00 (VAT exclusive price)
Who should attend?
- Civil Aviation Authorities and appropriate Government bodies
- Security Compliance Managers
- Cargo Security Managers & Site Security Representatives
- IFS Company and Site Security Managers
- Accountable Managers
- Security Consultants
- Training Managers
- Security Managers in aviation or other related industries
People also viewed
Leading on Aviation Safety
Specifically developed with the Senior Manager in mind for them to gain an appreciate of their role within an organisation’s Safety Management System.
Advanced Safety Management – Evaluating Effectiveness
Develop the skills and knowledge to competently evaluate the effectiveness of an organisation’s Safety Management System.