Training And Instructional Techniques
3-day course | London Gatwick & In-company
- Explore the basics of the design, delivery and evaluation of effective training.
- Understand the requirements and responsibilities of the training role
- Develop skills that add value to an organisation’s training programme
What is training and instructional techniques?
Training and Instructional Techniques is aiming to develop the professional trainer skillset, including assessing business and individual learning and development needs, planning training according to organisation objectives, preparing learning and development with a brain-friendly 70:20:10 approach, delivering engaging and memorable events, developing delegates’ knowledge, skills and attitudes, evaluating training behaviour change and ROI and presenting and facilitating effective events.
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with the opportunity to learn the theoretical elements of effective training and demonstrate practical methods for enhancing delegate learning.
This course is suitable for the aspiring trainer, the new trainer and anyone interested in brushing up the basics of the design, delivery and evaluation of effective training.
This training course will include the following topics:
- All about you
How you think about and present yourself as a learning and development professional, begin to deal with nerves and develop confidence
- The role of the trainer
Why organisations train
Barriers to training
Coaching and mentoring
- About learning and learners
Why and how adults learn
Identifying trainee needs
- Designing and preparing training
Structuring the beginning, middle and end
Mind mapping ideas and prioritising material
Training methods, visual aids and training room layout
- Delivering training
Developing the essential trainer toolkit:
Public speaking and presentation skills
Dealing with people
- Facilitating training
- Practical: Design and deliver a short training session
Delegates deliver their own short training presentations
Reflection, discussion and shared peer group and tutor feedback
- Evaluating training
How to evaluate the effectiveness of training at four essential levels
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- The training cycle
- How to conduct learning needs analysis
- How to evaluate at four levels
- Methods for developing and constructing a training session
- The design and use of a visual aid
- Exercises for developing a confident and effective voice and body language
- A short training session
- Reflection on your own performance
- Feedback on observed sessions
There are no formal qualifications required.
|Course Type||Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Venue||Cost||Availability||Book|
|Class||Training & Instructional Techniques||09/10/2019||11/10/2019||London Gatwick||£950.00||More than 5 places||Book|