What is flight simulation?
Flight Simulation is the technique of using software modelling to reproduce the handling, performance and systems operation of a particular aircraft type or class. The software models typically run in “real time” and are normally integrated with a simulation of the real world environment and a functioning reproduction of the aircraft flight deck.
This course provides an introduction to the EU requirements governing the qualification of FSTDs and their ongoing operation. The responsibilities of the National Aviation Authority (NAA) with regard to oversight procedures and NAA standardisation are covered, as well as the requirements applicable to the operator for FSTD qualification. The course all covers all aspects of the fixed wing and rotary wing FSTD evaluation process and Compliance Monitoring System audits. All types of FSTD are covered, from the generic Flight Navigation Procedural Trainer (FNPT) through to the fully type-specific Full Flight Simulator (FFS).
This training course will include the following topics:
- The structure and content of the EU regulations as they apply to FSTD qualification
- NAA responsibilities and FSTD operator responsibilities
- CMS documentation and procedures, the FSTD CMS lifecycle
- Fixed wing and rotary aircraft FSTDs, the requirements for each type and the levels of qualification, training considerations
- Initial, recurrent and special evaluations, the evaluation team, the conduct of an evaluation, the objective evaluation process, the subjective evaluation process
- The structure and content of a QTG, validation tests, FSTD data sources, the Validation Data Roadmap, the Master QTG (MQTG) and MQTG approval
How to apply?
You can view, book and pay for our open access courses via our online booking system.
Alternatively, please contact our Training Team for more information.
T. +44 (0)330 0224401
Useful Regulatory Information
- Duration: 3-days course
- Locations: London Gatwick
- Price: £1,350 (VAT exclusive price)
Who should attend?
This course covers all aspects of FSTD operation and regulatory oversight. It is targeted at individuals and organisations that are involved in, or have an interest in FSTD design, manufacture, usage or operation, and oversight.
People also viewed
Introduction to Compliance Monitoring
Designed to reinforce delegate understanding of skills necessary to manage, plan, conduct and report a wide range of audits in support of regulatory compliance.
Provides delegates with the knowledge and competencies needed to enable them to manage, plan, conduct and report a wide range of aviation audits in support of regulatory compliance and continued organisation improvement.