Part 21 J – Design Organisation Approval
2-day course | Virtual, Classroom & In-company Delivery
- Classroom course in London Gatwick and Singapore
- Delivered by experienced UK CAA inspectors
- Learn how to prepare for an assessment and the processes used by the UK CAA/EASA
- Recognise how your organisation should comply with UK/EASA Part 21 J
What is an Part 21 Design Organisation Approval?
Part 21 Subpart J details the elements required of a design organisation in order to hold an EASA Design Organisation Approval (DOA). The DOA grants privileges for the organisation to design new products, product modifications or repairs and may include approval for these designs.
This course provides delegates with an understanding of the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Part 21 Subpart J and the associated topics concerning the changes to Type Design, Supplementary Type Certificates (STC) (modifications) and repairs.
Our Singapore courses are delivered in cooperation with the Singapore Aviation Academy. Please visit the SAA website for upcoming dates.
This course is suitable for individuals responsible for compliance or certification within a design organisation. It is also suitable for those individuals responsible for the oversight of design organisations, either of subcontractors or from a regulatory perspective.
This training course will include the following topics:
- CAA & EASA Relationship
- Part 21 and the other Subparts
- Part 21 Subpart J Design Organisation Approvals (DOAs) change classification and changed product rule principles
- Operational Suitability Data
- Level of Involvement concepts
- STC procedures
- Repair approval procedures
- Equipment approval procedures
- UKTSO / ETSO and Equipment Software overview
- When an EASA/CAA Form 1 may not be required
- CAA & EASA DOAs Surveillance process
By the end of the course delegates will demonstrate understanding of the following through presentations and group discussion:
- How their organisation should comply with the regulation
- Process used by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) to carry out continued surveillance to Part 21 Subpart J
- Process used by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) to carry out continued surveillance to Part 21 Subpart J
- How to prepare an organisation for an efficient and effective on-site assessment and surveillance
- How to maintain a Part 21 Subpart J approval ensuring compliance at all time
It would be advantageous for delegates to be familiar with, or have experience of working in, a design-related organisation.
This course can delivered virtually or face-to-face in classroom at our London Gatwick and Singapore training centres.
Browse the table below to select your preferred date, delivery method and location (classroom only). If you can not find your preferred form of delivery and date, please contact us.
- Web = Virtual online delivery using WebEx video conferencing. We have applied a 5% discount to all our virtual course deliveries. Unless stated otherwise, our virtual courses are streamed live, starting at 09:00 am (UK time).
- Class = A face-to-face classroom course delivered in the location listed in the “venue” column. In light of COVID-19, please check your eligibility and our COVID-19 measures.
Review of course
|Course Type||Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Venue||Cost||Availability||Book|
|Web||Part 21 J Design Organisation Approval||24/05/2021||25/05/2021||Online||£855.00||Fully booked||Book|
|Web||Part 21 J Design Organisation Approval||14/10/2021||15/10/2021||Online||£855.00||More than 5 places||Book|
|Class||Part 21 J Design Organisation Approval||18/01/2022||19/01/2022||London Gatwick||£900.00||More than 5 places||Book|