Threat Image Projection – Implementation and Analysis
2-day course | Classroom & In-company Delivery
- Designed and delivered by UK CAA Aviation Security experts
- Offers best practice in the use of Threat Image Projection for aviation security
- Explores opportunities and challenges of TIP implementation for both industry and regulators
What is Threat Image Projection?
Threat Image Projection (TIP) is the projection of fictional threat Images into X-ray images of cabin baggage traffic to ensure both vigilance and threat image familiarisation of baggage screeners.
This course aims to give delegates an understanding of how TIP can be implemented and how the data generated can be used. The course will provide an overview of the threats posed to aviation security and how TIP regulatory requirements are addressing these. The course provides delegates with an understanding of how TIP has been implemented in the UK and provides insight into the best practices that have been developed. Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss in detail how TIP is used to inform regulatory activity with UK Subject Matter Experts.
This course is suitable for individuals from National Aviation Authorities, government and industry who are responsible for implementation and oversight of aviation security screening regimes.
- Delegates will learn about the regulatory requirements for TIP in the UK, Europe and internationally.
- Delegates will discuss the role TIP plays in the overall aviation security regime and how this has evolved.
- Delegates will be provided with best practices in the development of TIP libraries.
- The course will provide delegates with an opportunity to discuss with UK Subject Matter Experts how TIP data informs oversight activity and how regulators and operators can make best use of the data.
On completing the course delegates will demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- The current aviation threat picture and the role of TIP in mitigating risks.
- The relevant regulatory requirements, principles and practices of TIP usage.
- How TIP can be implemented and the roles and responsibilities of stakeholders.
- What the benefits of an effective TIP system are and how TIP data can be used by all parties.
- The future opportunities and challenges of TIP implementation.
Due to the nature of the material being discussed, delegates should be in a role directly related to implementation or oversight of aviation security regimes. A basic appreciation of TIP would also be beneficial but not essential.
Meet your Instructors
Ben has over 20 years’ experience working in counter-terrorism science and technology, including ten years in the Department for Transport’s aviation security division. Ben has led European technical groups on explosives detection, and developed the European performance standards for cabin baggage explosive detection systems. Ben has provided technical programme oversight of multi-million pound cross-Whitehall research programmes for aviation security. At the UK CAA, Ben works alongside regulation, compliance and airport security teams to provide technical advice on aviation security.
This course can only be attended in-person at one of our training venues. At present, this course is not delivered virtually online.
- Face-to-Face Classroom Course:Embrace the traditional learning method by attending our physical training venue. Benefit from direct interaction with our instructors and fellow participants, creating an immersive and hands-on learning experience. To book a classroom course, please check the booking table at the top of this page and select your preferred training venue location.
If you can’t see an upcoming course date, we likely haven’t released the next set of dates. Please get in touch to find out when we’ll announce the new dates, and we’ll be sure to keep you informed once they are available or even add you to our waiting list.
No reviews yet