Evidence-Based Training (EBT) for Flight Operations Inspectors and AOC/ATO Training Managers and Personnel
4-day course | Classroom & In-company training, or
3-day course | Virtual training
- Classroom course in London Gatwick
- Designed and delivered by Senior Flight Operations Inspectors
- Learn to design, develop and implement an EBT programme
- Understand EBT philosophy and the regulatory framework
What is Evidence-Based Training?
Evidence-Based Training (EBT) for Flight Operations Inspectors and AOC/ATO Training Managers refers to a training approach that emphasises the use of scientific research, data, and evidence to inform and enhance the training programmes for flight operator inspectors. EBT aims to improve the effectiveness of training by aligning it with real-world operational experiences and incorporating the latest advancements in human factors, technology, and safety practices.
This course provides delegates from both the regulatory and operational environments with the core knowledge and competencies required to understand the process of compliance with UK and European Community rules in respect of Evidence-based Training programmes under Parts FCL, ARO and ORO.
This course has been designed and developed by practicing Senior Flight Operations Inspectors and also contains practical application on the principles and philosophies of Evidence-Based Training, in addition to guidance on approval and continuing oversight of EBT programmes.
Delegates on this course will use the latest assessment and grading software during practical exercises on EBT based training scenarios, in addition to exposure on data analysis for EBT programmes.
This course is suitable for inspecting staff within flight operations, both in regulatory and industry positions, AOC and ATO training managers and EBT Programme managers.
The course is also beneficial to AOC Nominated Persons and Flight Crew training personnel within the aviation regulatory environment.
This training course will include the following topics:
- EBT philosophy
- The regulatory framework
- EBT programme structure
- Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA)
- Developing resilience
- Data-driven training and Training System Performance
- Adult Learning Principles
- Observing behavioural indicators
- Standardising assessments and grading, including root cause analysis
- EBT programme development & design, including mixed implementation
- Implementing EBT and change management
- Flight crew licensing process
- EBT approval process and continuing oversight
Delegates on this course will receive comprehensive theory and practical training in the principles and philosophies of Evidence-Based Training, including all aspects of design, delivery, approval and oversight of Evidence-Based Training programmes. This course will give delegates an opportunity to apply the knowledge through practical application of assessment criteria and selection of re-training tools. This practical application also serves to standardise instructor assessment.
With the knowledge gained of EBT programme design, approval and oversight, delegates will have acquired the core skill sets required to design, develop, approve and provide on-going oversight to an EBT programme in a Flight Operations Inspecting, or training management role, in the flight crew training regulatory environment (being UK or Internationally based)
Delegates should ideally be experienced holders of professional pilot licences, Operations personnel currently working in the aviation regulatory environment or Flight AOC Nominated Persons.
Meet your Instructors
David is a Subject Matter Expert on Competency and Evidence-Based Training (EBT). He is an advisor to the ICAO Personnel Training and Licensing Panel and previously participated in the development of the EBT Instructor Course for IATA.
We offer two different ways to attend this course:
- Face-to-Face Classroom Course: Embrace the traditional learning method by attending our physical training venue. Benefit from direct interaction with our instructors and fellow participants, creating an immersive and hands-on learning experience. To book a classroom course, please check the booking table at the top of this page and select your preferred training venue location.
- Instructor-Led Virtual Course: Enjoy the flexibility of attending this training remotely from your home or office with our live virtual course. Engage in interactive learning from anywhere in the world. We usually use WebEx or Zoom for our virtual courses. To attend this course virtually, look for the ‘online’ venue option in the booking table above.
Please note that course durations may vary slightly between our face-to-face and virtual deliveries. Please refer to the start and end date of your chosen course.
Our goal is to offer flexible, effective and convenient course delivery methods that suit your preferences and learning needs. Please choose the option that works best for you!
If you can’t see a classroom or virtual option, we likely haven’t released the next set of dates. Please get in touch to find out when we’ll announce the new dates, and we’ll be sure to keep you informed once they are available or even add you to our waiting list.
Delegates should be familiar with the general structure of EASA regulations including Part ARO, Part OPS, Part FCL and other relevant regulatory documentation prior to the course.