Accountable Manager – Security Management System (SeMS)
1-day course | Virtual, Classroom & In-company
- Learn to carry out a practical assessment of a SeMS
- Explore how the role of Accountable Manager can be used to support a positive security culture
- Carry out practical assessment and management of SeMS
Next available course
|14/09/2023||Online||£505.00||More than 5 places||Book|
What is a SeMS Accountable Manager?
The Accountable Manager for SeMS is accountable and responsible for the overall management of the Security Management System, including senior oversight and the effective management of aviation security risks, as outlined in CAP 1224.
This 1-day course will provide a high level overview of the principles of a Security Management System, outline the role of the Accountable Manager and illustrate how implementing a SeMS will help maintain the integrity of aviation security within entities responsible for managing their own security risks.
This course covers all areas of the Accountable Manager, alongside Security Culture and Human Factors.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for and will support all SeMS Accountable Managers across the aviation community, from organisations of all size, across all aviation modes.
This course will also provide support and guidance to International delegates who wish to understand the UK SeMS at this senior level.
By the end of this course, through presentation and interactive discussion delegates will demonstrate:
- Greater understanding of the Accountable Manager role and how they affect the development and maturity of a SeMS in an aviation security context
- Understanding of how to approach the role of Accountable Manager within an organisation
- Capability to carry out practical assessment and management of SeMS from an Accountable Manager perspective
- Understanding how the role of Accountable Manager can be used to support a positive security culture
- A broad knowledge of best practice across industry relating to this subject
- Role, responsibilities, and legal implication
- The principles of a Security Management System
- Management and Structures
- Oversight of effective Risk Management using SeMS
- Best Practice and Quality Assurance
- Continuous Improvement and ongoing maintenance
- Data capture and reporting
- Embedding a positive security culture
We would encourage further familiarisation of SeMS guidance material issued and a detailed understanding of CAP 1224 which provides a note for Accountable Managers
- CAP 1223 SeMS Framework Document
- CAP 1273 Implementing Security Management Systems: an outline
- CAP 1297 Security Management System Frequently Asked Questions
- CAP 1997 Guidance for Small Organisations
- SeMS Entity self-assessment questionnaire – Gap Analysis
- Security Culture self-assessment tool
No pre-requisites for this course.
Delivery Methods: Classroom and Virtual
This course can delivered virtually or face-to-face in classroom at our London Gatwick training centre.
Browse the table below to select your preferred date, delivery method and location (classroom only). If you can not find your preferred form of delivery and date, please contact us.
Review of course
We can also tailor this training courses to suit an organisation’s individual training requirements. These bespoke training packages can be delivered virtually or onsite in a classroom at a client’s international location. Contact us for more information.
|Course Type||Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Venue||Cost||Availability||Book|
|Web||Accountable Manager Security Management System (SeMS) (Virtual)||14/09/2023||14/09/2023||Online||£505.00||More than 5 places||Book|
|Web||Accountable Manager Security Management System (SeMS) (Virtual)||06/03/2024||06/03/2024||Online||£505.00||More than 5 places||Book|
Accountable Manager – Security Management System (SeMS) Instructors
Security Management Systems
Adam has started working for the UK CAA in 2014 as a security compliance auditor. He is currently part of the UK CAA Security Management System (SeMS) leadership team. He has been participating in the continued roll out of the SeMS in the UK and a performance-based oversight approach for the UK CAA. Adam has also taken great part in writing the SeMS specific training and Aviation Security training. He has been delivering security trainings in the UK and internationally.
Security Management Systems
Training and Instructional Techniques
Di joined the CAA in 2012 and is an Aviation Security Compliance Auditor working in the Security Management Systems (SeMS) team. She has played a fundamental role in the development of SeMS and is working on progressing the CAA approach to Performance Based Oversight in the Aviation Security sector. Diane brings a wealth of experience, including border security, investigative interviewing and people development. She has previously delivered technical and soft skills training on behalf of CAA International, both internationally and in the UK.