What is Non-destructive testing?
Non-destructive testing (NDT) is the process of inspecting, testing, or evaluating materials, components or assemblies for discontinuities, or differences in characteristics without destroying the serviceability of the part or system. In other words, when the inspection or test is completed the part can still be used.
This course provides delegates with a comprehensive overview of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Audit Oversight against EASA/UK CAA maintenance and EN4179 requirements.
Delegates will have the opportunity to review and clarify their understanding of the requirements of EASA/UK CAA Part 145 / Part-M Subpart F as they relate to NDT, EN 4179 and UK CAA Generic Requirement (GR) No. 23.
Our Bahrain courses are delivered in cooperation with the Gulf Aviation Academy. Please visit the GAA website for upcoming dates.
This course is suitable for individuals involved with auditing NDT facilities, either as part of a Quality Management role, or from a regulatory perspective.
This training course will include the following topics:
- EASA/UK CAA Part 145 requirements relating to NDT / EN4179
- EN 4179
- Understanding the Requirements of NDT
- GR 23 Overview & Auditing
- Common NDT methods
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of EN4179
- Demonstrate understanding of UK Civil Aviation Authority GR No. 23
- Understand how to audit and apply EN4179 and GR No. 23 requirements for EASA Part 145 / Part M Subpart F maintenance organisations
Participants should bring copies of prEN 4179:2020, ASTM E1444, ASTM E1742 and ASTM E1417 reference material to the course.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course can be delivered face-to-face in classroom at our London Gatwick and Bahrain training centres.
Browse the table below to select your preferred date.
- Class = A face-to-face classroom course delivered in the location listed in the “venue” column. In light of COVID-19, please check your eligibility and our COVID-19 measures.
Review of course
|Course Type||Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Venue||Cost||Availability||Book|
|Class||Non-Destructive Testing Audit Oversight||24/05/2022||25/05/2022||London Gatwick||£720.00||More than 5 places||Book|