EASA Part 147 Maintenance Training Organisation Approval and EASA Part 66 Certifying Staff
2-day course | London Gatwick, Malaysia & In-company
- Delivered by experienced UK CAA inspectors
- Gain an understanding of EASA compliance and the approval processes
COVID-19 Training: Our face-to-face classroom courses resume in October 2020 with special COVID-19 measures in place. We will also continue to deliver our virtual training courses for the foreseeable future. Virtual Training Discount: We have introduced a 10% discount when you book any two of our September or October virtual courses.
What is EASA Part 147 Maintenance Training Organisation Approval?
EASA Part 147 Maintenance Training Organisation Approval is the European standard fort the approval of maintenance training organisations and it has two parts; basic training and aircraft type rating training. The basic training covers requirements for the issue of a Part 66 aircraft maintenance licence. The aircraft type rating training deals with the requirements for the endorsement of type ratings to the Part 66 aircraft maintenance licence.
What is EASA Part 66 Certifying Staff?
EASA Part 66 Certifying Staff is the European standard detailing with the requirements for the issue, extension and variation of Part 66 aircraft maintenance licence.
In this course you will discuss EASA Part 66 Engineer licensing and Part 147 approved training organisations, together with the associated Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Materials (GM). The knowledge and skills developed through the course will allow you to help your organisation demonstrate and maintain compliance.
he course is suitable for you if you are an employee of a Training Organisation, administer the licensed engineer authorisation process or regulate such organisations.
The course is beneficial for Accountable Managers, Heads of Colleges, Quality Managers, Training Managers, Examiners, Assessors and Instructors.
This training course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to EASA
- Part 66 certifying staff and associated AMC/GM
- The EASA approval processes
- Part 147 approved training organisations and associated AMC/GM
- Construction of Maintenance Training Organisation Exposition
- Construction and control of training material
- Quality oversight and audit programme
- Basic and type training requirements
By the end of the course delegates will demonstrate understanding of the:
- Compliance with European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) regulations
- Initial approval requirements and process of Part 147 approved training organisations
- Production of a Maintenance Training Organisation Exposition (MTOE)
- Construction and control of training courses
- Requirements for procedures for control of the Approval and the quality oversight of the organisation
- Requirements for initial issue and amendment of the Part 66 Licence
It would be advantageous for delegates to be familiar with, or have experience of, aviation training.
Review of course
EASA Part 147 Maintenance Training Organisation Approval and EASA Part 66 Certifying Staff Instructors
Steve has 20 years of experience in working as an engineering-type training instructor. He joined the UK CAA in 2012 and was working as a licensing and training standards surveyor conducting surveys for UK and EASA organisations. Steve has also experience as a quality manager working for a Part 147 organisation. He is currently part of the UK CAA airworthiness team conducting Part 147 surveys for UK and EASA organisations.