Part 147 Maintenance Training Organisation Approval and Part 66 Certifying Staff
2-day course | Classroom, Virtual & In-company training
- Classroom courses in London Gatwick and Malaysia
- Delivered by experienced UK CAA inspectors
- Gain an understanding of the compliance and the approval processes
|Start Date||End Date||Venue||Price (Excl. VAT)||Availability||Book|
|21/02/2024||22/02/2024||London Gatwick||£900.00||More than 5 places||Book|
|04/06/2024||05/06/2024||London Gatwick||£910.00||More than 5 places||Book|
|08/10/2024||09/10/2024||London Gatwick||£910.00||More than 5 places||Book|
|11/02/2025||12/02/2025||London Gatwick||£910.00||More than 5 places||Book|
What is Part 147 and Part 66?
Part 147 Maintenance Training Organisation Approval is a regulatory framework that governs the approval and oversight of organisations providing aircraft maintenance training. It sets out the requirements for these training organisations to meet in terms of facilities, training programmes, instructors’ qualifications, and examination processes. Part 147 ensures that the training provided is of high quality and meets the standards set by the aviation authorities.
Part 66 Certifying Staff, on the other hand, refers to the certification process for individuals who perform aircraft maintenance tasks. It establishes the requirements for knowledge, skills, and experience that certifying staff must possess to ensure the airworthiness and safety of aircraft. Part 66 defines the categories and subcategories of certifications based on the aircraft systems and components the individuals are qualified to work on. It includes examinations, experience requirements, and ongoing training to ensure that certifying staff maintain their competency throughout their careers.
In this course you will discuss EASA and UK Part 66 Engineer licensing and Part 147 approved training organisations, together with the associated Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Materials (GM). The knowledge and skills developed through the course will allow you to help your organisation demonstrate and maintain compliance.
The course is suitable for you if you are an employee of a Training Organisation, administer the licensed engineer authorisation process or regulate such organisations.
The course is beneficial for Accountable Managers, Heads of Colleges, Quality Managers, Training Managers, Examiners, Assessors and Instructors.
This training course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to EASA
- Part 66 certifying staff and associated AMC/GM
- The EASA approval processes
- Part 147 approved training organisations and associated AMC/GM
- Construction of Maintenance Training Organisation Exposition
- Construction and control of training material
- Quality oversight and audit programme
- Basic and type training requirements
By the end of the course delegates will demonstrate understanding of the:
- Compliance with European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) regulations
- Initial approval requirements and process of Part 147 approved training organisations
- Production of a Maintenance Training Organisation Exposition (MTOE)
- Construction and control of training courses
- Requirements for procedures for control of the Approval and the quality oversight of the organisation
- Requirements for initial issue and amendment of the Part 66 Licence
It would be advantageous for delegates to be familiar with, or have experience of, aviation training.
Meet your Instructors
We offer two different ways to attend this course:
- Face-to-Face Classroom Course: Embrace the traditional learning method by attending our physical training venue. Benefit from direct interaction with our instructors and fellow participants, creating an immersive and hands-on learning experience. To book a classroom course, please check the booking table at the top of this page and select your preferred training venue location.
- Instructor-Led Virtual Course: Enjoy the flexibility of attending this training remotely from your home or office with our live virtual course. Engage in interactive learning from anywhere in the world. We usually use WebEx or Zoom for our virtual courses. To attend this course virtually, look for the ‘online’ venue option in the booking table above.
Please note that course durations may vary slightly between our face-to-face and virtual deliveries. Please refer to the start and end date of your chosen course.
Our goal is to offer flexible, effective and convenient course delivery methods that suit your preferences and learning needs. Please choose the option that works best for you!
If you can’t see a classroom or virtual option, we likely haven’t released the next set of dates. Please get in touch to find out when we’ll announce the new dates, and we’ll be sure to keep you informed once they are available or even add you to our waiting list.
Other courses you might be interested in
Airworthiness Accountable Manager & Nominated Person
This course will provide delegates with an overview of the responsibilities of the Accountable Manager within an Approved Organisation. The areas covered during the course include financial responsibility, the delivery of Safety, ensuring Regulatory Compliance under the Air Navigation Order (ANO) and EASA Regulations and an overview of the future regulatory approach being adopted by the UK CAA.