Risk Monitoring & Safety Performance
2-day course | Classroom & In-company Delivery
2-day course | Virtual Delivery
- Classroom course in London Gatwick and Bahrain
- Designed and delivered by UK CAA regulators
- Identify and risk assess safety issues to monitor system performance
- Understand how risk monitoring is a key to a Safety Management System
What is Risk Monitoring and Safety Performance?
The management of risks and monitoring safety performance are key roles within any safety management system. The identification & modelling of risks improves your understanding and allows you to create Safety Performance Indicators, providing reassurance to your business that your SMS isn’t just a policy on a shelf but a living system that enables you to deliver safety improvements.
This course provides delegates with a context of how risk monitoring and safety performance form a key part of an aviation Safety Management System (SMS).
Delegates will gain knowledge and understanding of how to identify hazards and build a suitable knowledge base for risk and safety performance monitoring. Giving guidance on risk modelling and data analysis, developing and presenting Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs), and explain how they form an integral part of an SMS.
Our Bahrain courses are delivered in cooperation with the Gulf Aviation Academy. Please visit the GAA website for upcoming dates.
This course is suitable for anyone who requires a generic overview of risk monitoring, safety performance and risk classification and modelling in the aviation context.
This training course will include the following topics:
- Risk monitoring and safety performance as part of a Safety Management System and State Safety Programme
- Understanding and identifying hazards
- Building a knowledge base for safety risk management
- Risk assessment methods
- Risk modelling
Introduction to safety performance indicators
- Safety performance analysis techniques
- Presenting safety performance indicators
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- The role of safety performance and risk monitoring in an aviation SMS
- The need for an appropriate taxonomy to classify safety-related data
- How to identify and risk assess safety issues in order to monitor the safety performance of a system
- The fundamental principles of barrier risk modelling
- Analytical techniques used to produce Safety Performance Indicators to monitor trends and identify risks
- How to present Safety Performance Indicators
Delegates should have a basic knowledge of Safety Management Systems gained through operational experience or through attendance of the SMS Principles & Application course.
UK CAA CAP 795 Safety Management Systems (SMS) Guidance for Organisations
This document provides guidance on the implementation of Safety Management Systems (SMS). It has been developed to give sufficient understanding of SMS concepts to implement and maintain an effective SMS. It reflects and meets the requirements of ICAO Annex 19 and EASA Management System Implementing Rules.
This course can delivered virtually or face-to-face in classroom at our London Gatwick and Bahrain training centres.
Browse the table below to select your preferred date, delivery method and location (classroom only). If you can not find your preferred form of delivery and date, please contact us.
- Web = Virtual online delivery using WebEx video conferencing. We have applied a 5% discount to all our virtual course deliveries. Unless stated otherwise, our virtual courses are streamed live, starting at 09:00 am (UK time).
- Class = A face-to-face classroom course delivered in the location listed in the “venue” column. In light of COVID-19, please check your eligibility and our COVID-19 measures.
Review of course
|Course Type||Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Venue||Cost||Availability||Book|
|Web||Risk Monitoring & Safety Performance (RMSP)||26/05/2021||27/05/2021||Online||£675.00||More than 5 places||Book|
|Class||Risk Monitoring & Safety Performance (RMSP)||14/02/2022||15/02/2022||London Gatwick||£900.00||More than 5 places||Book|
Risk Monitoring & Safety Performance Instructors
Michael has over 10 years of experience working in the aviation industry in various roles including data analysis, operations and safety. He started with an aviation publishing company before moving into the cargo industry working with FedEx before taking a post with Virgin Atlantic Airways as part of the Operations Planning and Resilience team where he played a pivotal role in creating reviewing and evaluating the airlines various business continuity plans and emergency procedures. Michael worked across the operations and engineering teams analysing and improving core processes designed to maximise the efficiency of the operation. Latterly, he worked as part of the flight safety team on secondment, supporting the flight data management officer and investigators. He is currently working for the UK CAA as Senior Intelligence Lead looking at the role of Safety Intelligence in Performance Based Regulation and using data to power an effective and reliable Safety Management System.
Nicole works as an Intelligence Lead AAA in the Safety Performance and Risk department of the UK CAA. Her responsibilities include data analysis and consolidation of intelligence sources for the identification and articulation of industry risks, as well as risk assessment. Prior to joining the UK CAA, Nicole flew commercially for a private charter operation, and then went on to hold Safety Management roles. As a Safety Manager she worked to promote the SMS as an engine for change by empowering front line personnel to engage with the process through reporting to drive safety and production improvements for the organisation.