Aviation and the Environment
1-day course | Virtual & In-company
- Provides an overview of the key environmental challenges that may put at risk aviation infrastructure and passengers
- Helps the civil aviation community to identify actions to enable the sustainable development of the aviation sector
- Explores applicable legislation, policies and guidance
Next available course
|06/12/2023||Online||£400.00||More than 5 places||Book|
The growing concern about climate change and the adverse environmental and community impacts represent significant barriers towards the growth of aviation. States need to regulate and improve the environmental performance of the aviation sector ensuring compatibility with global minima. States need to prepare for climate change challenges that may put at risk aviation infrastructure or passengers, and provide fact-based information to consumers to support decision making.
This course is designed to provide an overview of the key environmental challenges, at a global and local scale. By addressing the key global initiatives to minimise the impact on the environment and global climate the course aims at helping members of the civil aviation community and especially those in a regulatory role to identify actions to enable the sustainable development of the aviation sector.
Who should attend?
- Personnel from civil aviation administrations recently tasked with the environment or climate change-related duties
- Aviation professionals concerned with environment or climate change issues, consultants, planners, infrastructure developers, think tank and local community stakeholders
This training course will include the following topics:
- Environmental impact of aviation
- Local scale (noise, local air quality emissions, water, waste, biodiversity etc.)
- Global scale (CO2 emissions)
- Best practices (technological, operational, regulatory) to limit or reduce the impact of aviation on noise, local air quality and the global climate
- State Action Plan on greenhouse gas reduction activities and market-based measures (e.g. CORSIA)
- Future concepts/developments (aircraft, airports, systems, etc.) and impact on the environment
- Building resilience to climate change; risk identification and best climate adaptation practices
- Improving the sustainability of civil aviation from the perspective of the regulator
- Regulators and community engagement at local and national level
- Reference to methods for evaluating environmental impact and sustainability
On completion of the course, the delegate will understand:
- Why the environment is a priority and how civil aviation regulators and the aviation industry address it
- The key environmental impacts and best applied practices to mitigate the impact
- Aviation and climate change and the key global initiatives
- Climate risk and best-applied practices to adapt
- Why it is important to ensure the sustainable development of the aviation sector
- Applicable legislation, policies, guidance
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Delivery Methods: Virtual
This course can delivered virtually.
Browse the table below to select your preferred date.
- Web = Virtual online delivery using WebEx video conferencing. We have applied a 5% discount to all our virtual course deliveries. Unless stated otherwise, our virtual courses are streamed live, starting at 09:00 am (UK time).
Review of course
We can also tailor this training courses to suit an organisation’s individual training requirements. These bespoke training packages can be delivered in the UK or at a client’s international location. Contact us for more information.
|Course Type||Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Venue||Cost||Availability||Book|
|Web||Aviation and the Environment (Virtual)||06/12/2023||06/12/2023||Online||£400.00||More than 5 places||Book|
Aviation and the Environment Instructors
Aviation and the Environment
Gia has 13 years’ experience in the aviation industry. Gia manages environmental modelling at the UK CAA, including research and analysis for the UK Department for Transport (DfT), to inform policy development and Aviation Strategy.
Gia has worked on consultancy projects to improve the sustainability of aviation. Her work includes the development of Carbon Management Strategies and action plans for large corporations. Notably, Gia developed the energy and sustainability targets and standards for Rolls Royce.