Advisory Services > Aviation Security > Regulation, Guidance & Best Practice
Aviation Security Regulation
The development of a regulatory environment that balances the prevention of acts of unlawful interference with other demands is a key challenge for States. Developing a proportionate and risk-based aviation security regulatory system can be a lengthy process, involving commitment from various stakeholders. Our regulatory experience and leadership at international panels and working groups place our security specialists in an unparalleled position to provide the latest forward-looking solutions to develop a modern aviation security oversight system.
We work closely with Government bodies and National Aviation Authorities (NAAs) to understand States’ specific aviation requirements and to develop an aviation regulatory framework that is effective and unique to them.
Leveraging UK CAA regulatory experience across the entire spectrum of aviation security oversight, we can support States in the following areas:
- Review of current security regulations and related guidance materials against domestic and international standards.
- Examination, interpretation and application of existing national and local regulations.
- Assessment of third party security programmes.
- Airport security programme reviews and recommendations.
- Design and development of new security regulations and oversight programmes.
- On-going risk-based review of all aviation security requirements
Aviation Security Implementation & Best Practice
We can support States with the implementation of aviation security legislation.
We can help States prepare new guidance materials detailing new regulatory requirements to support the implementation of aviation security legislation across industry areas:
- Airport security
- Aircraft security
- Passenger cabin baggage and hold baggage
- Cargo and mail
- Air carrier materials
- In-flight supplies
- Airport supplies
- In-flight security
- Recruitment and training
- Security equipment
- Cyber security
Aviation Security Capacity Building
We can provide institutional capacity development through tailored advice and training to ensure inspectorate staff are competent in carrying out their tasks.
Drawing on UK CAA aviation security expertise, we provide effective corporate-wide and individual knowledge transfer training services to support NAAs and industry looking to strengthen their in-house aviation training and development programmes.
Our training consultancy services include:
- Training needs analysis
- Managed training services
- Aviation security training policy and strategy development
- Aviation security training programme and training plan development
- Development of aviation security training material
As an ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS corporate member, we provide extensive training for aviation professionals across the globe, covering all aspects of regulatory performance and compliance.
Based on UK, EASA, and ICAO international standards, our courses are quality assured by practising UK CAA Regulators – delivering training and professional development in a class of its own.
Our course specialisations include:
- Safety and Risk Management
- Design, Production and Maintenance
- Regulation, Compliance and Monitoring
- Airports, Air Traffic and Airspace
- Aviation Security
- Learning & Development
In addition to our open access course programme, we also deliver in-company and tailored training packages to suit an NAA’s exact requirements. Our training programmes focus on practical knowledge transfer using presentations, discussions, group exercises and practical application of theory to develop effective competencies, delivering results to individuals and organisations.
Get in touch
Speak to Kevin about this service