Cybersecurity Oversight System
As authors of the UK’s cyber security oversight system, we can work with the National Aviation Authorities (NAAs) to provide comprehensive and targeted advice on cybersecurity oversight.
Using our unique six steps approach that includes; engagement, critical systems scoping, cyber self-assessment for aviation, cyber audit, provisional statement of assurance and final statement of assurance and certificate of compliance, we can help National Aviation Authorities to achieve:
- A proportionate and effective regulatory framework leading to a resilient cyber aviation system that mitigates risks of cybersecurity incidents.
- An aviation system that benefits from the advantages of interconnected communications and services.
- Mechanisms that promote sharing of aviation cybersecurity knowledge, skills and capability.
- A common understanding between all aviation stakeholders of cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and risks, supported by accepted standards, advice and guidance.
Our cyber security experts have led the international efforts to develop a proportionate and effective approach to cyber security oversight that enables aviation to manage cyber security risks without compromising aviation safety, security or resilience.
Cybersecurity Regulatory Framework
We can work with National Aviation Authorities to help develop a cybersecurity regulatory framework that meets the authority’s regulatory requirements and is compliant with international standards.
Our team of cybersecurity specialists work with the NAAs to understand their specific needs to design cyber security regulatory framework that:
- Defines NAA’s responsibilities for cybersecurity under existing domestic and international regulations.
- Provides a process for continuous reviews of new cyber standards, assurance and cyber management activities for in-scope aviation entities.
- Reflects how these standards, assurance and cyber management activities align to legal obligations specified in strategic priority and where gaps exist.
- Identifies key structural cyber vulnerabilities in the aviation system.
- Promotes the relationship with the industry to gain information from the real-world.
- Is integrated with other regulatory regimes including Safety Management System (SMS), Performance-Based Oversight (PBO) and the Regulatory Safety Management System (RSMS).
- Defines training requirements and compliance monitoring activities.
As an ICAO TRAINAIR PLUS corporate member, we provide extensive training for aviation professionals across the globe, covering all aspects of regulatory performance and compliance.
Based on UK, EASA, and ICAO international standards, our courses are quality assured by practising UK CAA Regulators – delivering training and professional development in a class of its own.
Our course specialisations include:
- Safety and Risk Management
- Design, Production and Maintenance
- Regulation, Compliance and Monitoring
- Airports, Air Traffic and Airspace
- Aviation Security
- Learning & Development
In addition to our open access course programme, we also deliver in-company and tailored training packages to suit an NAA’s exact requirements. Our training programmes focus on practical knowledge transfer using presentations, discussions, group exercises and practical application of theory to develop effective competencies, delivering results to individuals and organisations.
Get in touch
Speak to Kevin about this service