Based on our expertise in economic policy and strategy, we provide advice on aviation policy from an economic standpoint, with the aim of securing the best sustainable outcome for users of air transport services.
Economic Regulation, Competition and Markets
The key focus of the economic regulation work is to ensure that airports and air navigation service providers that have substantial market power do not exploit it. Our experts specialise in:
- Consumer and competition powers and market power assessments, including mergers; market investigations; dispute resolutions and competition cases
- Market liberalisation, focusing on the removal of all government-imposed restrictions on the commercial behaviour of airlines, as well as bilateral and multilateral agreements between different states
- Regular and bespoke training on economic regulations
- Airport/ATM financial modelling
- Airport charges and price capping
- Privatisation of airports and ANSPs (PPPs) and concessions
- Support to investors in due diligence
Economic Policy and Strategy
- Economic and statistical analysis and advice on airports, airlines and air traffic services to develop and support policies, including aviation liberalisation, slot allocation, price control, etc.
- Evaluation of the economic consequences of policy options
- Calculation of the noise exposure contours, forecasting the noise impact of new airports or existing airport developments, forecasting the impact of changes in Air Traffic Operations
- Promotion of sustainability, i.e. vast experience in advisory on the EU Emissions Trading System (EU ETS)
Aviation Data and Intelligence
Our experts have unique knowledge of traffic and freight statistics as well as passenger travel habits and preferences. With over 40 year’s experience managing national passenger surveys throughout the UK, and more recently international experience auditing the ACI ASQ survey, we are best placed to support airlines, airports and other business partners when they customise their service offerings.
Our methodologies can be applied to NAAs and airports worldwide, and our services range from an initial research consultation to the complex design and set-up of a national airport study.
Service Quality and Consumers
With the use of our bespoke surveys, CAAi experts can analyse the service quality and customers’ satisfaction with airports, airlines and holiday providers, as well as provide advice on the enhanced provision of services, consumer law and enforcement of consumer legislation.
For more information or to discuss your requirements, please contact Jolanta Rekiel-Taylor