Flight Data Analysis (FDA) is an ICAO Standard for Aircraft Operations, which must be integrated with the Safety Management System of commercial aircraft operators. FDA programmes can be highly technical and overwhelmingly complex to audit. This course will enable delegates to assess the effectiveness of an FDA programme and highlight areas which may need improvement, in a simple and efficient manner without requiring specialist knowledge.
This course draws on ICAO Standards and Recommended practices, EASA Air OPS regulations and UK CAA Guidance Material, along with experiences and observations from the UK CAA’s current oversight programme and safety promotion activities. The course is a combination of presentations, group discussion and practical exercises, delivered by UK CAA experts in FDA with hands-on experience with FDA programmes in the industry.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the benefits and limitations of compliance-based oversight of FDA
- Understand how and why FDA programmes can lose its effectiveness and fitness for purpose over time
- Identify areas for improvement in an FDA programme to keep it on a path of continuous improvement
This training course will include the following topics:
- A high-level overview of FDA
- Compliance-based oversight of FDA
- Practical challenges in FDA programmes
- Continuous improvement of FDA
- Performance-based oversight of FDA
Applicants should understand the principles of Safety Management Systems
How to apply?
You can view, book and pay for our open access courses via our online booking system.
Alternatively, please contact our Training Team for more information.
T. +44 (0)330 0224401
- Duration: 2-day course
- Locations: London Gatwick
- Price: £720.00 (VAT exclusive price)
Who should attend?
This course is designed for representatives of Civil Aviation Authorities involved in:
- Audits of Safety Management Systems and/or Flight Operations in the aviation industry
- Safety promotion in the areas of SMS and FDA.
No prior expertise in FDA is required.
People also viewed
Safety Management Systems – Principles and Applications
Provides an introduction to SMS, based on ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices. Delegates will gain the skills required to develop, implement, manage and assess a basic SMS.
Advanced Safety Management – Evaluating Effectiveness
Develop the skills and knowledge to competently evaluate the effectiveness of an organisation’s Safety Management System.
Leading on Aviation Safety
Specifically developed with the Senior Manager in mind for them to gain an appreciate of their role within an organisation’s Safety Management System.