What is Electrical Wiring Interconnection System?
Electrical wiring interconnection system(EWIS) means any wire, wiring device, or combination of these, including termination devices, installed in any area of the aeroplane for the purpose of transmitting electrical energy, including data and signals between two or more intended termination points.
This course provides delegates with an overview of the development of enhanced aeroplane EWIS maintenance and the Enhanced Zonal Analysis Procedure.
Delegates will also learn about the technical aspects of typical EWIS installations, supporting inspection techniques and an introduction to AMC 20-22 Aeroplane EWIS training programmes.
Our Bahrain courses are delivered in cooperation with the Gulf Aviation Academy. Please visit the GAA website for upcoming dates.
This training course will include the following topics:
- Safe handling of Aeroplane Electrical Systems
- Line replaceable units (LRU)
- Troubleshooting procedures and electrical measurement
- Construction and navigation of typical aeroplane wiring system overhaul or wiring practices manuals
- Types of inspection
- Human factors in inspections
- Zonal areas and typical damage
- Contamination sources, materials, cleaning and protection procedures
- Correct identification of different wire types
- Inspection criteria and damage tolerance
- Repair and preventative maintenance procedures
- Procedures to identify, inspect and find the correct repair for common types of connective devices found on typical aeroplanes
- Procedures for replacement of all parts of common types of connective devices found on typical aeroplanes
How to apply?
You can view, book and pay for our open access courses via our online booking system.
Alternatively, please contact our Training Team for more information.
T. +44 (0) 330 0224401
Useful Regulatory Information
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for individuals involved in EWIS, either in a regulatory oversight capacity, or within industry managing training on EWIS.
People also viewed
Airworthiness Accountable Manager
Provides delegates with an overview of the responsibilities of the Accountable Manager within an Approved Organisation.
EASA Part 145 Maintenance Organisational Approval
Explore the Part 145 Maintenance Approval principles and how to determine corporate and individual responsibility to ensure your organisation meets the requirements.
Non-Destruction Testing Audit Oversight
Provides delegates with a comprehensive overview of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Audit Oversight against EASA maintenance and EN4179 requirements.