What are Dangerous Goods?
Dangerous goods are articles or substances which are capable of posing a risk to health, safety, property or the environment and which are shown in the list of dangerous goods in the ICAO Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air (ICAO Doc 9284), or which are classified according to these Instructions.
This course provides newly appointed Dangerous Goods Inspectors with the theoretical knowledge needed to fulfil their regulatory role.
Based on the UK CAA’s own training programme for its Dangerous Goods Inspectors and delivered by UK CAA Flight Operations Specialists, this course is designed to provide the foundation of knowledge required prior to embarking on practical and on-the-job training.
This training course will include the following topics:
- Dangerous Goods Regulations – An Historical Perspective
- State Responsibilities in Annex 18
- Transporting Dangerous Goods by Air – introduction to general principles; Technical Instructions; and the supplement and use of other ‘field documents’
- Detailed Requirements for Transporting Dangerous Goods by Air
- Responsibilities of shippers, operators and states
- Dangerous Goods Accidents and Incidents
- Granting of dangerous goods approvals and exemptions
- Methods of implementing the State’s responsibilities
How to apply?
You can view, book and pay for our open access courses via our online booking system.
Alternatively, please contact our Training Team for more information.
T. +44 (0)330 0224401
- Duration: 3-day course
- Locations: London Gatwick
- Price: £1,290.00 (VAT exclusive price)
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for you if you are responsible for dealing with dangerous goods in an operational capacity, or have oversight of such activities.
It may also be beneficial for you if you are responsible for implementing ICAO Annex 18 requirements within your state.
People also viewed
Cabin Safety Inspector Theory
Provides delegates with an overview of the processes and practices surrounding the regulation of Cabin Safety.
Flight Operations Inspector Theory
Designed for delegates from both regulatory and operational environments with the core knowledge and competencies required to understand the process of compliance with European Community rules in respect of Commercial Air Transport (CAT Operation)