As authors of CAP 437, we offer helideck manufacturers and marine engineers a helideck design review service. We review helideck design drawings against the requirements of the guidance, produce a report that covers the areas identified as non-compliant and offer recommendations to achieve compliance. This will prevent possible costly modifications at the latter stages of construction and installation.
We also offer a ‘Post Construction’ helideck audit ensuring the original design has been fully adhered too and nothing has been added either to the deck or in its immediate vicinity which could affect the safety of helicopter operations.
Structural Review for Offshore Helidecks
We also offer a desk-based design review against the UK Health and Safety Executive ‘Offshore Helideck Design Guidance’. Graham Morrison, the author of this publication and Chartered Engineer with some 40+ years experience, can offer our clients following services;
- Advice on structural design, reassessment and maintenance of helicopter landing areas for:
- Oil & Gas installations offshore
- Helipads on buildings
- Ground-bearing helicopter landing areas
Regulatory check to
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Petroleum Act 1998 and Regulations
- Offshore Safety Case Regulations 2005
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Design and Constructions Regulations 1996
- Prevention of Fire and Explosion and Emergency Response Regulations 1998
- Management and Administration Regulations 1995 lifting and Lift Equipment Regulations
- Regulations are similar and include construction, design and management regulations.
Our Partners include
Helicopter Operators, Helideck Manufacturers, Oil & Gas Industries, Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Industries and UK’s National Health Service (NHS).
For more information or to discuss your requirements, please contact: Megan Friedli.