A Maintenance organisation had its EASA Part 145 approvals suspended .This organisation approached CAAi to undertake a root and branch assessment of its organisation to assess and improve its safety culture and assist in restating its EASA Part 145 approvals
Assess the organisational soundness and safety compliance culture of the Maintenance organisation. Understand the EASA Part 145 non-compliance areas and provide recommendations and an implementation plan.
To fully understand the issues, complexities and challenges facing the maintenance organisation in the context of the EASA 145 maintenance approval suspension a full assessment was carried out. Particular emphasises was placed on those critical issues that:
- Impact flight safety and systematic compliance.
- Are fundamental to technical excellence – ‘just culture’, assured compliance, safety resilience, organisational robustness, completeness of manuals.
- Represent good practice and technical completeness.
- This was followed by the analysis and design phase where the assessment data was analysed and the results presented in the following form :
- Corrective Action List.
- Safety Maturity Assessment Model.
- Safety Culture Commentary.
- Inputs to ongoing Project or Programme Plan for the above.
- Implementation Plan to reinstate EASA Part 145 approvals.
The main objective of gaining compliance and reinstatement of EASA Part 145 Maintenance approvals was achieved. This was facilitated by the introduction of a more resilient safety model and an organisation realigned to allow it achieve it safety objectives.