A new Aircraft Manufacturer with limited experience in Crashworthiness and Ditching Certification required the services of CAAi to support the definition of the certification basis prior to seeking Regulatory approval.
The Project remit was to develop a list of Certification requirements before developing a Certification Plan and supporting Test Plan.
CAAi and the wider UK Civil Aviation Authority (UK CAA) through the Certification Manager and Subject Matter Experts developed the Certification and Test Plan through the following:
- Review and Agreement of Primary Certification requirements including International
- Regulations and Advisory Circulars, Special Conditions and Safety Findings.
- Aircraft Design Review including structure, fuel tank and systems, engine installation, landing gear, wheels and tyres, flying controls, cabin safety and critical systems architecture by subject matter experts.
- Definition of targeted list of requirements and Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC).
- Extensive dialogue and engagement with Aircraft Manufacturer.
Development of Certification Plan and Test Plan for Regulatory approval.