A Safety Management System (SMS) is a series of defined, organisation wide processes that provide for effective risk-based decision-making related to your daily business. SMS focuses on maximising opportunities to continuously improve the overall safety of the aviation system.
An SMS is an integral part of a State Safety Programme (SSP). Ahead of ICAO’s 2022 implementation target date, we can support organisation across the aviation industry with UK CAA best practice advice to improve and implement an ICAO compliant SMS.
SMS Development & Implementation
Leveraging UK CAA best practice expertise across all element of the ICAO SMS regulatory framework, we can provide a range tailored services to your specific requirement, including:
- Review/gap analysis of current SMS compliance with ICAO standards
- Phased SMS implementation plan
- Development of a Safety Management Manual
- Open access SMS courses or tailored training solutions
- SMS capacity building (including both practical and on-the-job training)
SMS Training & Capacity Building
Our SMS training portfolio provides a complete suite of complementary courses – from providing the delegate with a firm understanding of the ICAO SMS framework and supplying the skills to develop, implement, manage and assess a basic SMS, increasing the delegate’s knowledge of performance-based oversight and risk management.
Our titles include:
- Basic Introduction to Safety Management Systems
- Advanced Safety Management – Evaluating for Effectiveness
- Safety Management Systems for Small Organisations
- Safety Management Systems – Overview for Managers
- Risk Monitoring & Safety Performance
Tailored Training Services
We can work with you at various levels of SMS training programme design, from lightly tailored content or in-company delivery, through to fully customised and complex training solutions. With unparalleled experience and capability – working in close collaboration with UK CAA subject matter experts – we incorporate exceptional SMS knowledge into our training solutions.
For more information or to discuss your requirements, please contact Liam Byrne