Understanding & Preparing for DAOS Surveillance
2-day course | Virtual, Classroom & In-company
- Classroom courses in London Gatwick
- Delivered by experienced UK CAA inspectors
- Explore the relationship between the MAA and UK CAA
- Understand the differences between military and civil aviation processes
Next available course
|07/11/2023||Online||£817.00||More than 5 places||Book|
This course provides delegates with an understanding of the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) Design Approved Organisations Scheme (DAOS), the relationship with the UK Civil Aviation Authority (UK CAA) and how to prepare for the audits.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for military and industry personnel who are required to work within the context of the DAOS Scheme and who are seeking an understanding of the latest 5000 Series – Type Airworthiness Engineering (TAE) Regulations and its integration with the other Military Requirement Publications.
This training course will include the following topics:
- DAOS Development and recent Changes
- Overview of the Military Design Lifecycle
- RA 5800 and the DAOS Requirements
- The supporting MAA Requirements
- Military Risk Management
- Overview of Supporting Defence Standards
- Preparing for DAOS Assessment and Surveillance
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to demonstrate the understanding of:
- The content of the RA 5800 series
- The extent of introduction of specific subparts of EMAR 21 into the UK military requirements
- The roles and responsibilities of organisations and personnel involved in DAOS compliance
- The CAA’s role in supporting MAA with regard to DAOS initial investigation and continued surveillance
- How to identify potential gaps against the standards within delegate’s own organisations, in readiness for initial assessment and surveillance audits
There are no formal qualifications required.
UK Government Website: Design Approved Organisation Scheme (DAOS)
DAOS is the means by which the MOD can assess the competency of design organisations.
UK Government Website: 5000 series – Type airworthiness engineering regulations
Individual Regulatory Articles (RA) relating to the 5000 series.
Delivery Methods: Classroom and Virtual
This course can be delivered virtually or face-to-face in classroom at our London Gatwick training centre.
Browse the table below to select your preferred date, delivery method and location (classroom only). If you can not find your preferred form of delivery and date, please contact us.
- Web = Virtual online delivery using WebEx video conferencing. We have applied a 5% discount to all our virtual course deliveries. Unless stated otherwise, our virtual courses are streamed live, starting at 09:00 am (UK time).
- Class = A face-to-face classroom course delivered in the location listed in the “venue” column. In light of COVID-19, please check your eligibility and our COVID-19 measures.
Review of course
We can also tailor this training courses to suit an organisation’s individual training requirements. These bespoke training packages can be delivered virtually or onsite in a classroom at a client’s international location. Contact us for more information.
|Course Type||Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Venue||Cost||Availability||Book|
|Web||Understanding & Preparing for DAOS Surveillance||07/11/2023||08/11/2023||Online||£817.00||More than 5 places||Book|
Understanding & Preparing for DAOS Surveillance Instructors
Understanding and preparing for DAOS Surveillance
EASA 21 G - Production Organisation Approval
Geoff has been working in the Military and Civil Aviation sectors for 38 years in the area of aviation Design and Production, and as an Airworthiness Regulator for the UK CAA. He has been conducting regulatory oversight of the aircraft Manufacturing and Design organisations on behalf of the UK CAA and Military Aviation Authority (MAA). Geoff is also a registered Professional Engineer and a Fellow of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (FIMechE). Geoff has been presenting courses on the UK CAA and EASA regulatory requirements for 16 years. He brings his vast experience in the implementation and application of Civil and Military requirements to all courses that he delivers.