Understanding & Preparing for DAOS Surveillance
2-day course | London Gatwick & In-company
- Delivered by experienced UK CAA inspectors
- Explore the relationship between the MAA and UK CAA
- Understand the differences between military and civil aviation processes
This course provides delegates with an understanding of the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) Design Approved Organisations Scheme (DAOS), the relationship with the UK Civil Aviation Authority (UK CAA) and how to prepare for the audits.
This course is suitable for Military and Industry personnel who are required to work within the context of the former Defence Standard 05-123 and current Military Requirement Publications.
This training course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to DAOS
- Comparing the Military and Civil processes
- Overview of the Defence Standards
- Integrated DAOS Assessment and Surveillance Checklists
- DAOS initial assessment, surveillance process and surveillance scheduling
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to demonstrate the understanding of:
- The content of the RA 5800 series
- The extent of introduction of specific subparts of EMAR 21 into the UK military requirements
- The roles and responsibilities of organisations and personnel involved in DAOS compliance
- The CAA’s role in supporting MAA with regard to DAOS initial investigation and continued surveillance
- How to identify potential gaps against the standards within delegate’s own organisations, in readiness for initial assessment and surveillance audits
There are no formal qualifications required.
UK Government Website: Design Approved Organisation Scheme (DAOS)
DAOS is the means by which the MOD can assess the competency of design organisations.
UK Government Website: 5000 series – Type airworthiness engineering regulations
Individual Regulatory Articles (RA) relating to the 5000 series.