Cybersecurity Oversight in Aviation
3-day training course | Virtual, Classroom & In-company
- Classroom courses in London Gatwick
- Gain in depth insight into the CAA’s cyber security oversight process (CAP1753)
- Learn the latest cyber security regulatory requirements
- Discover how to assess your own organisation against the Cyber Assessment Framework for Aviation (CAP1850)
Next available course
What is Cybersecurity Oversight?
Cybersecurity Oversight is an effective and proportionate approach to the regulation of the aviation industry’s management of cyber security risk. Supporting aviation safety, security and economic resilience, the UK CAA has developed six steps Cybersecurity Oversight that meets UK, European and International aviation regulatory obligations for Cybersecurity.
Aviation regulations increasingly include cyber security requirements and the aviation industry need to demonstrate compliance with them. This course provides in depth knowledge into the cyber security oversight process developed by the UK CAA and explores six steps of Cybersecurity oversight using practical examples and exercises. Additionally, the course is not a Cybersecurity training course and will not provide general Cybersecurity awareness or training.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for individuals working in any role responsible for managing or implementing Cybersecurity / information security within aviation, including Compliance Managers and Cybersecurity Responsible Managers.
This training course will include the following topics:
- UK Aviation Cybersecurity regulatory requirements and threat landscape
- Cybersecurity Oversight Process for Aviation (CAP1753)
- Critical System Scoping (CAP1849) – identifying IT and OT
- Cyber Assessment Framework for Aviation (CAP1850)
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the relevant aviation Cybersecurity regulatory requirements applicable to their organisation and explain how Performance Based Oversight (PBO) applies to them;
- Understand and interpret the UK CAA’s Cybersecurity Oversight Process for Aviation (CAP1753);
- Document and produce detailed critical system scoping documentation in line with the UK CAA’s Critical System Scoping Guidance (CAP1849);
- Measure own organisation against the Cyber Assessment Framework for Aviation (CAP1850) and identify a variety of standards which are available to use (e.g. NIST, ISO27K standards);
- Prepare and consolidate the evidence required for an ASSURE Cyber Audit, understanding what to expect;
- Complete own organisation’s Statement of Assurance to a high standard and discover how they can embed their ISMS into their existing Safety Management System (SMS) or Security Management System (SeMS).
Participants should be a stakeholder for cyber security within their organisation. You might be the nominated Cybersecurity Responsible Manager or involved in implementing cyber security controls.
Delivery Methods: Classroom and Virtual
This course can be delivered virtually or face-to-face in classroom at our London Gatwick training centre.
Browse the table below to select your preferred date, delivery method and location (classroom only). If you can not find your preferred form of delivery and date, please contact us.
- Web = Virtual online delivery using WebEx video conferencing. We have applied a 5% discount to all our virtual course deliveries. Unless stated otherwise, our virtual courses are streamed live, starting at 09:00 am (UK time).
- Class = A face-to-face classroom course delivered in the location listed in the “venue” column. In light of COVID-19, please check your eligibility and our COVID-19 measures.
Review of course
We can also tailor this training courses to suit an organisation’s individual training requirements. These bespoke training packages can be delivered virtually or onsite in a classroom at a client’s international location. Contact us for more information.
|Course Type||Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Venue||Cost||Availability||Book|
Cyber Security Oversight Instructors
Cyber Security Oversight in Aviation
Sabrina is the Policy Lead for Cyber Security in the UK CAA. She is responsible for cyber aviation policy feeding into regulatory cyber security oversight in the UK, ensuring there is a proportionate and effective approach that enables aviation to manage cyber security risks without compromising aviation safety, security or resilience. Sabrina has previously worked in the finance sector in various roles such as risk, threat intelligence and liaison officer. She holds CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) and ISO27001 Lead Auditor. She also has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with Business.