Cyber Security Oversight in Aviation
3-day training course | Virtual, Classroom & In-company
- Classroom courses in London Gatwick
- Gain in depth insight into the CAA’s cyber security oversight process (CAP1753)
- Learn the latest cyber security regulatory requirements
- Discover how to assess your own organisation against the Cyber Assessment Framework for Aviation (CAP1850)
What is Cyber Security Oversight?
Cyber Security Oversight is an effective and proportionate approach to the regulation of the aviation industry’s management of cyber security risk. Supporting aviation safety, security and economic resilience, the UK CAA has developed six steps Cyber Security Oversight that meets UK, European and International aviation regulatory obligations for cyber security.
Aviation regulations increasingly include cyber security requirements and the aviation industry need to demonstrate compliance with them. This course provides in depth knowledge into the cyber security oversight process developed by the UK CAA and explores six steps of cyber security oversight using practical examples and exercises. This course is not a cyber security training course and will not provide general cyber security awareness or training.
This course is suitable for individuals working in any role responsible for managing or implementing cyber security / information security within aviation, including Compliance Managers and Cyber Security Responsible Managers.
This training course will include the following topics:
- UK Aviation Cyber Security regulatory requirements and threat landscape
- Cyber Security Oversight Process for Aviation (CAP1754)
- Critical System Scoping (CAP1849) – identifying IT and OT
- Cyber Assessment Framework for Aviation (CAP1850)
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the relevant aviation cyber security regulatory requirements applicable to their organisation and explain how Performance Based Oversight (PBO) applies to them;
- Understand and interpret the UK CAA’s Cyber Security Oversight Process for Aviation (CAP1753);
- Document and produce detailed critical system scoping documentation in line with the UK CAA’s Critical System Scoping Guidance (CAP1849);
- Measure own organisation against the Cyber Assessment Framework for Aviation (CAP1850) and identify a variety of standards which are available to use (e.g. NIST, ISO27K standards);
- Prepare and consolidate the evidence required for an ASSURE Cyber Audit, understanding what to expect;
- Complete own organisation’s Statement of Assurance to a high standard and discover how they can embed their ISMS into their existing Safety Management System (SMS) or Security Management System (SeMS).
Participants should be a stakeholder for cyber security within their organisation. You might be the nominated Cyber Security Responsible Manager or involved in implementing cyber security controls.
This course can be delivered virtually or face-to-face in classroom at our London Gatwick training centre.
Browse the table below to select your preferred date, delivery method and location (classroom only). If you can not find your preferred form of delivery and date, please contact us.
- Web = Virtual online delivery using WebEx video conferencing. We have applied a 5% discount to all our virtual course deliveries. Unless stated otherwise, our virtual courses are streamed live, starting at 09:00 am (UK time).
- Class = A face-to-face classroom course delivered in the location listed in the “venue” column. In light of COVID-19, please check your eligibility and our COVID-19 measures.
Review of course
|Course Type||Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Venue||Cost||Availability||Book|
|Web||Cyber Security||16/03/2021||18/03/2021||Online||£1,092.00||More than 5 places||Book|
|Web||Cyber Security||28/06/2021||30/06/2021||Online||£1,092.00||More than 5 places||Book|
|Web||Cyber Security||08/11/2021||10/11/2021||Online||£1,092.00||More than 5 places||Book|
|Class||Cyber Security||01/03/2022||03/03/2022||London Gatwick||£1,150.00||More than 5 places||Book|