As part of our commitment to pursuing targeted, continuous improvements to aviation systems, culture, processes and people, we have developed a range of services to support National Aviation Authorities (NAAs) at each stage of the ICAO Global Aviation Safety Plan (GASP).
Effective Safety Oversight
Our support helps States with limited resources raise their level of effective implementation and can include:
- Advice and support on ICAO audits (ICVM, USOAP, CMA)
- Assistance in implementing ICAO or EASA Compliant Regulatory Systems
- Implementation of ICAO or EASA standards
- Guidance on aviation legislation, safety and security regulations
- Advice on technical procedures in all areas of safety and security oversight. Safety critical areas include Flight Operations, Airworthiness, Personnel Licensing, Air Navigation Services and Aerodrome oversight.
- Training consultancy services to address technical and nontechnical requirements and to build capability in your NAA.
We can provide States with a fit for purpose State Safety Plan (SSP) that takes into account each State’s level of maturity and the complexity of its air transportation system. Our support includes:
- SSP development and implementation
- Safety Management System (SMS) implementation
- SSP and SMS training
- Guidance on technical procedures to promote and improve safety management oversight
- Implementation assistance in ICAO or EASA
- Safety management regulatory tools
Advanced Safety Oversight
With air traffic projected to double over the next 15 years, States are encouraged to transform to a more advanced safety oversight system, Performance Based Regulation (PBR).
Our support includes:
- PBR analysis and transformation plan development
- Implementation advice and support
- Creation of specific Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs)
- Technological solutions to support PBR
- Theoretical and practical training to NAA staff at all levels
- Support in establishing a cooperative relationship with industry
We have provided support to a number of NAAs when restructuring their organisation. We are able to assist in all stages of the process from the initial gap analysis to implementation of pre-planned recommendations. Our support can include:
- Strategy and business plan definition
- Safety and other regulatory objectives definition
- Review and recommendations on NAA organisation structure
- Assistance in separation of regulatory oversight and service provision
- Job descriptions and competencies
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA), training plan development and delivery
For more information or to discuss your requirements, please contact Liam Byrne