Based on UK CAA expertise on economic policy and strategy, we provide advice on aviation policy from an economic standpoint, with the aim of securing the best sustainable outcome for users of Air Transport Services.
In particular, we provide advice on:
- We can provide assistance regarding the allocation of their airspace, the planning process as well as the subsequent implementation activities and day to day management. Airports economic regulation, including price and service quality. We assess the appropriate boundary between detailed economic regulation and the reliance on competition
- Air Traffic Services (ATS) economic regulation, including price and service quality.
- Legislation in relation to economic regulation, such as Establishment/Reform of economic regulation and implementing a licensing regime for an Airport
- Regulatory issues relating to the financing of Airports and Air Navigation Services
- Identifying, prioritising and resolving issues that affect consumers and/or limit competition in aviation markets
- Consumer issues and competition analysis, including mergers, market investigations and competition cases
- Passenger surveys
- Airlines and Airports data analysis
- Air Traffic forecast
- Assisting Environment Agencies in relation to aviation and Emissions Trading Scheme
- Economic policy issues relating to European Air Traffic Management (ATM)
- Bilateral and multilateral Air Services negotiations in support of liberalisation
- Policy on domestic and international aviation policy issues, including Airport infrastructure.