ICAO’s Universal Security Audit Programme (USAP) promotes global aviation security through the auditing of States. USAP helps establish a States’ level implementation of the critical elements of an aviation security oversight system and ICAO’s security-related Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs), associated procedures, guidance material and security-related practices.
USAP Audit Assistance
Preparing for an ICAO USAP audit can be a complex process, especially when a State lacks security oversight knowledge or resources. We can provide UK CAA best practice advice across all aspects of the ICAO audit process to help States achieve security compliance with the ICAO standards.
Building on our experience working in over 140 countries, we can assemble multidisciplinary teams of UK CAA security experts to work with you to prepare for the audit. Our team can develop an Inception Report, highlighting the status of Protocol Question across all Critical Elements and providing,
- Guidance to pre-audit questionnaires and compliance checklists
- Preparation of pre-audit documentation
Where necessary, our experts can work collaboratively to review USAP findings and develop a Corrective Action Plan (CAP), highlighting actions required to address noncompliance. Our support can include,
- Corrective action technical assistance to rectify any security oversight deficiencies identified in the USAP audit.
- Development of appropriate security regulatory frameworks for long-term, sustainable compliance with national and international best practice.
- Capacity building and training to ensure regulatory and inspectorate staff are competent carrying out security oversight functions.
For more information or to discuss your requirements, please contact Liam Byrne